This Saturday, 6th November, will be an historic day at Old Deer Park, as we unveil a commemorative plaque to honour those members of our London Welsh family who fell during World War 1.
The event, and indeed the memorial, have been made possible through the work of the London Welsh Memorial Committee and will pay tribute to those from the club who paid the ultimate sacrifice.
On the day itself, we will be welcoming guests from The Welsh Guards to join us for the ceremony, which starts at 12 noon sharp; the order of which is as follows:
– The Choir will be starting the proceedings with two songs
– Welcome and introduction of guests by Danny Griffiths, London Welsh Chair
– Opening prayer from LW Chaplain
– Representatives from London Welsh will read out each of the names of the 23 fallen
– Dedication, prayer and words of remembrance
– Two minute silence, followed by Bugler playing Reveille
– ‘For the Fallen’ recited by The Chaplain, followed by a prayer for all Armed Forces
– Danny Griffiths to introduce guest of honour and Mayor of Richmond
– Closing remarks and National Anthems to close
All are welcome to join us for this important event in the history of our club. To confirm Saturday 6th November 2021 at 12 noon.