The London Welsh Careers HUB brings in L’oreal as its latest commercial partner
The LWRFC Careers Hub Growth Continues through a Business Partnership with L’Oréal!
Thanks to our incredible London Welsh RFC community, our Careers Hub continues to grow and offer a significant helping hand to players with their career development in London.
The core function of the Hub, first and foremost, is to help craft a successful career that is aligned with an individual player’s interests, naturals skills and personal motivation.
Underpinning the processes we have put into place to help assessment and inject a clarity of focus in terms of career direction are the many mentors who offer their services in imparting specific commercial and industry knowledge. Moreover, these mentors also often invite players to connect with their own network which opens up exceptional opportunity for further understanding and industry exposure.
These efforts are now complemented by club members who are keen to engage with the Hub from an employer perspective to maximise the potential of the transferable skills innate within the sport of rugby itself – work ethic, team ethos, relationship and communications skills – and offer exciting and commercial oriented career opportunities.
Thanks to LWRFC club member Tom Rolt, General Manager Commercial Operations, UK& I, L’Oréal is one such employer and we are delighted to now have on board such a prestigious business partner.
A few facts about L’Oréal UK & I tell their own story of success and why the company has such a creatively driven and high performance culture:
• No1 Beauty player in the UKI
• 36 International Brands
• 4760 employees
• Over £1 billion sales per year
• 8th Largest investor in UK media
• 5th largest subsidiary for L’Oréal globally
• Integrity: Because acting with integrity is vital to building and maintaining trust and good relationships.
• Respect: Because what we do has an impact on many different stakeholders
• Transparency: Because we must always be sincere and able to justify our actions and decisions
• Courage: Because ethical questions are rarely easy but must be addressed.
Eugene Scheller (L’Oréal founder) said that the success of a business is built on “people, people, people.’ “We recognise that and want to ensure that our people are as diverse as the billions of consumers we serve as well.”