LONDON WESLH AMATEUR RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED “the club”
1) The name of the club is London Welsh Amateur Rugby Football Club Ltd. The club’s main object is to provide facilities for rugby football union and generally to promote, encourage and facilitate the playing of rugby union in the area of The London Borough of Richmond or wherever the club relocates to and amongst the community.
2) The playing rules are those of the Laws of the Game ,the IRB Regulations relating to the Game, and the RFU Rules and Regulations.
3) The colours of the club are scarlet jerseys, black shorts and red socks.
4) The qualification for playing and social membership is open to all regardless of sex, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation or other beliefs and is formalised via payment of published membership fees.
5) Life Members, the President, Vice Presidents and Honorary Members do not pay to be members.
6) Any member or visitor bringing children under the age of 16 including their own to the club grounds is responsible for that child.
7) Membership subscription rates shall be decided by the board of directors.
8) The Club is managed by a board of directors which can number up to 15 elected by a General Meeting of members and who can copt additional members and to appoint appropriate sub committees necessary for the proper management of the club.
9) The playing subcommittee is responsible for team selection.
10) The Articles of the club govern the appointment of Officers of the club who shall consist of the chairman, vice chairman and Secretary. In addition there shall be appointed an honorary post being the President of the club.
11) The board of directors shall have control of the finances of the club and shall regulate expenditure. No expenses will be incurred without the approval of the board. The club will have a bank account in its name with at least 2 members of the board being on its mandate.
12) The accounts of the club shall be made up to 31 August of each year and shall be verified by a qualified accountant.
13) All members of the club (including junior members) are bound by the rules of the club and its discipline policy a copy of which is available on the clubs website or via its secretary.
14) A member appointed by the board of directors will be responsible for managing the allocation of any tickets for international or senior matches or any other rugby events offered to the club.
Published Sept 14